01. One Polaroid postcard in Thus Spoke Zarathustra
02. One photograph of me and Greg in As I Lay Dying
03. Two photographs from my Portland pen-pal in The Essential Rumi
04. Two love letters in Diving for Sunken Treasure
05. Twelve photographs of my family in The Elegant Universe
So rare, these days, to find photographs and letters hiding in books. Let's do that more often.
On one hand, today was perfectly sunny and lovely. On the other hand, three years ago Alex and I talked about how it was only a matter of time before Mark Linkous killed himself and today he went and did it.