9.09.2009

EVERYONE ELSE IS REALLY BORING

See, I've always had this penchant for what I call kamikaze women. I call 'em kamikazes because, you know, they crash their plane, they're self-destructive, but they crash it into you, and you die along with them. And as soon as there's a challenge, as soon as there's very little chance of it working out, or no chance, or there's going to be hurdles or obstacles, something clicks into my mind. Maybe that's because I'm a writer, but some dramatic or aesthetic component becomes right and I go after that person--there's a certain dramatic ambiance, it's almost as if I fall in love with the person and fall in love with the situation in some way, and of course it has not worked out well for me, it has not been great, and um...
--Husbands and Wives

No comments: