4.12.2009

THE AGGREGATE OF OUR JOY AND SUFFERING

Beautiful beautiful Brian Cox talks about the impact Carl Sagan had on his life. He incorporates clips from Cosmos (now available for viewing on Hulu), interviews with Carl, and interviews with Annie Druyan. The clip will only be available for a few days, so do yourself a favor and spend an hour of your life listening to this.

On a related note, I try to push the Space episode of RadioLab onto everybody I care about. It combines everything I love: Annie and Carl, romance, the Golden Record, Philip Glass, Neil deGrasse Tyson, and, of course, the cosmos and every feeling of wonder and insignificance that is associated with it. Each time I listen to it my heart breaks. Recommended listening environment: warm, dark room, headphones, no distractions.

No comments: